Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 22, Challenging

I've been training for three full weeks already! Wow!

Today's run was tough. My legs are so sore, every step was an effort. I was going to push myself, but then I figured there's no need to risk an injury this early into training.

I wonder if I need to adjust my workouts now that I'm consistently running 2 miles a day plus 2-4 miles biking. Either alternate running and biking, or mixing up the distances, or more days off to recover. And I still need to work swimming into my schedule. Lessons are scheduled to start this week, so I need to pick a place ASAP.

Today I did a short 0.84 mile run in just under 10 minutes, followed by the full 6.2 mile/10k bike in 21:50 (on level 8).

I saw this picture on Facebook, and it was encouraging.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Alternate running/eliptical & biking. Remember to increase distance slowly. Most important is working aerobic base, speed will come in due time. -DB

    ReplyDelete