Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Day After...

AKA Random Exhausted Thoughts.

I'm exhausted. Beyond exhausted. Yesterday was my SUPER SPRINT TRI! I was up from 5 am to nearly 10 pm. Today was my sister's sprint triathlon, so I've been up since 4 am and it's now 9 pm. I've fed, bathed, and put three kids to bed. They have school tomorrow. I'm loopy. :)

And that makes my mind wander...

My race was AMAZING! I have decided to train for next year's Super Sprint instead of the sprint. Why the change of heart? Well, I want a medal. Or, at the very least, the Top Ten. Yup, that's it. I was 67 out of 102 in my division this year. I'm happy to be in the middle of the group for my first race. I'm proud of my 63 minutes!

However, next year I want under 50 minutes. 45 would be even better.

My swim was almost 17 minutes this year, and I KNOW I can do better than that. My practice was 12:10. My bike was 25 minutes (average 14.7 mph, a personal best!!!) so I'm very very happy with that for now (next year I'll be even better!). My "run" was almost 22 minutes; in the gym I can do a 10 min/mile, so with training I hope I can do the run in 15-16 minutes next year. And not die.

Misc musings... No injuries yesterday but two blisters today following my sister's race... Being a mom to three young boys on little sleep and post-race is harder than the race itself... Hot tubs are my friend... Park my bike in transition where I'll find it, rather than wandering through a few multiple aisles trying to find where my stuff is... And *definitely* accidentally toss my wetsuit on my running visor so it's cold and wet and SO REFRESHING to wear after the bike ride.

I'm crashing now... I have more great stories to tell soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment