Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 48, Swimming Lesson #2

I am finally getting the freestyle/crawl stroke! Today I had my second lesson and we worked on breathing, adjusting my shoulders to keep my body straighter (I lift my left should too much), more breathing, and then we did some laps in freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke for practice.

Honestly, once I *got* the freestyle I'm amazed at how much faster it is then the breaststroke. I've also ordered the book Total Immersion Swimming for my Kindle and I'm looking forward to reading it and practicing the drills. Breathing is my #1 issue right now.

Its 40 degrees out today but I promised one of the munchkins we'd go for a bike ride once my husband gets home. :/ He just got a new bike yesterday and has been really looking forward to riding further than our parking area.

Edited to add: We did a quick 2 miles up and down the street. My hands were ice cubes. Brrrrrr.....

No comments:

Post a Comment