Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 33, Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th! And Girls Night Out! Whoohoo!  

I started the day feeling pretty miserable after working last night. Not only was it a crazy busy night, I had a patient with a huge bouquet of lilies. I am very allergic to lilies. I started sneezing just walking by the room, my eyes began to itch the first time I walked in the room, and 8.5 hours later I was a snotty, watery, sneezy mess.

Even after loading up on my allergy medications AND washing the pollen off, I was still pretty stuffy upon waking. Any other day I would have topped today off with an Ambien and gone to sleep early, But this was Girls Night Out, which comes around like twice a year. And I missed the last one due to snow. So I steamed my sinuses, added Afrin, and went out to Party!

Really, it was a great night! As my brother-in-law says, "Beer cures everything." A couple beers and martinis, and I felt great!! Fun company too! Girls Night ended about midnight, so I headed over to my sister's to hang out until I was able to drive home. We had such fun talking, eating a middle-of-the-night snack of tuna fish, etc, that it was 4 am before I finally left! The last time I saw 4 am on purpose was probably an all-nighter 10 years ago. 4 am should be only seen when a baby or child wakes me up. Otherwise it should not exist. ;)

Training.... didn't go to the gym. :( I know, I know.
Eating.... actually, aside from a few onion rings and chicken tenders at the bar, I ate very well today. I haven't updated my food diary, but even adding in the alcohol, I'm pretty sure I"m not much over my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment