Sunday, July 21, 2013

Run From the Cops 5k

After a week of 90-100° temperatures, this morning was a lovely mid-70's. Actually, when I first got in the car I turned the heat on for a few minutes to take the chill off! By race time it was perfect in the shade, and hot in the sun.

The run was a nice flat surface, out, loop, and back. The out and back section was partly shaded, but the loop was all in the sun. HOT.

The first mile I was smokin' at a 9:20 pace! The loop was harder being in the blaring sun, but I was at a 10:15 pace which is still really good for me! I was feeling good, and super excited about making a new personal best!

The last mile is always the hardest [obviously] but the coffee and 16 oz water bottle I'd had prerace was starting to cause issues. Like "my bladder is going to explode!"  Running got to be very difficult, LOL! I ended up speed walking more of the last mile than I would have liked, and I didn't stop going until I got to the Porta-Potties. :)

Official time 33:12. I came in 13/37 in my age group, and 77/180 of all females.

Next race is on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment