Monday, March 26, 2012

Tattoos

A little off topic, but it's on my mind...

After older munchkins were born, I wanted a tattoo. I had a friend who knew a guy who ran a shop... yada yada... I got a lovely tat of the Celtic symbol of motherhood. I had picked the knot months prior, and the tattoo artist adapted it to exactly what I wanted. Its in shades of gray.

Damn it hurt. Large. Lower back. NOT a "tramp stamp" thank you very much.

After littlest [last] munchkin, I've had the urge for another tattoo. He was very sick as a baby, and his name means "Irish warrior." So I've been picturing a black and gray Celtic shamrock. Maybe a hint of green.

But where? I don't want to see it on a daily basis. I don't want others to see it on a daily basis. I don't want it to show at work or dressed up. I'm thinking upper right rib cage, right under my breast. Both tats will show in a bikini, and both would be hidden in clothes. Looking down I wouldn't see it; I'd need a mirror for both.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment