Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 6, Sports Bras

I learned another very important lesson today:

A good sports bra is an absolute requirement for running.

I'm not a big woman, but I think I have nice breasts. Even after three kids, they still point forward and fill out my clothes nicely. So when I went to the gym today in a light cotton bra instead of my usual plaster-the-girls-to-my-body sports bra, I was introduced to the uncomfortable sensation of bouncing.

I lasted 2 minutes. After two minutes of running I was sure my boobs were flying from my head to my knees and back with each step. And I swear every set of eyes were staring at my jiggling chest. With images of saggy boobs running through my head, I slowed my pace to a brisk 4.2 mph speed walk.

Feeling so sad about missing the opportunity to increase my running distance today, I decided to see how long I could make it on the bike. My initial goal was 3 miles. I wasn't dying, so I kept going. And going. And going.

I did the ENTIRE 6.2 miles (10K) bike ride that is required in the Super Sprint Triathlon!!!!! My time was 27:15, which I know I can improve on. :) But the important thing is that now I know I CAN DO IT!

Today's workout:
Walked 4.2 mph, completing 1.09 mile in 15 minutes
Biked at Level 6. 6.2 miles (10k) in 27:15. About 13.7 mph. :)
Later I did a leisurely 0.5 mile walk to and from the park with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment