Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 1, Motivated

What a great Day 1!

The biggest challenge this morning was finding something to wear to the gym. I have a bunch of tops, but I have only 2 workout capris that fit, both of which were MIA. Or eaten by the dust bunnies that live under the bed.  I'm holding on to the hope that once I tackle the Mount Kilimanjaro of laundry, I'll find them. I ended finding some shorts that show off my sexy kneecaps.

Today I did:
~ 5 minute warm up on the elliptical machine
~ 1.10 miles in 15 minutes on the treadmill, alternating walking at 3.8 mph and running at 5 mph
~ 2.33 miles in 10 minutes on the stationary bike

To give you an idea of my previous running skills, the last time I ran was in November. A whole 0.3 miles. Go me! ;)

I feel pretty good right now. Tomorrow will probably be painful. ;)

For readers who aren't familiar with triathlons (and what lay person is?!), there are a few different options in terms of distances. In the Chicago Triathlon we have:
~ Fleet Feet Sports Super Sprint with a 375 meter swim, 10k bike, and 2.5k run (0.25 mile swim, 6.2 mile bike, 1.55 mile run),
~ regular Triathlon (0.75k swim, 22k bike, 5k run), and
~ International/Olympic Triathlon (1.5k swim, 40k bike, 10k run).

My goal is the Super Sprint, and if I'm exceeding the distances, then I'll consider doing the regular Triathlon with my sister. One step, one pedal, one lap at a time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment