Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 0

Since tomorrow starts my journey from Mom of three to Triathlete, today is Day 0. Today I'll share why I'm doing this, and why a blog about it.

Simple answer: support. My wonderful husband is dubious. My sister is sure I can, when I'M not even sure I can. I'm a simple mom who gets to the gym once a week to lift weights. I'm blessed with good genes, but I can be classified as a "skinny fat person." I look good in clothes, but underneath I'm squishy and weak.

Just yesterday my husband and I had to speed walk 10 blocks to catch a train, and I got a stitch in my side. :( The last time I actually ran was November, and I could do a whole 0.3 miles.

The more people I can get to follow my journey, the more people who can hold me accountable for getting to the gym and pool, the better chance I have of not giving up. I also want to be a good roll model for my kids. I want to show them that physical activity, healthy eating, and yes, even a triathlon is possible.

Today is March 11, and the Chicago Triathlon is August 25-26. Goal #1 is the Super Sprint distances, and Goal #2 is the full Triathlon distances. 167 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment