Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 65, Overwhelmed

Feeling a little overwhelmed with triathlon training. It was easy to alternate jogging and biking days, but now that I have to add in swimming practices too, it all seems like so much... I have 8 workouts to do over 6 days every week (so I have 1 day of rest): three c25k walk/jogs, 2 bike rides, 2 swimming practices, and 1 session of weight lifting.

I can combine a run or stationary bike ride with the weight lifting day (assuming my legs still work after 120 lunges), and I can combine a run with a swim. But the trick is not having the same thing two days in a row. Another factor is that the gym with the pool is 30 minutes away, while my regular gym is 10 minutes away.

I've been working on a schedule and this is what I have so far....
Monday run and swim
Tuesday bike
Wednesday run
Thursday weight lifting
Friday run and swim
Saturday OFF
Sunday bike

Today I'm going to do the c25k day I meant to do yesterday. As soon as my hubby gets home I'm outta here!

UPDATE------
I did 30 minutes on the treadmill alternating walking and running, totaling 2.28 miles. Not great, but hey, its not too bad for my second day back at running.

No comments:

Post a Comment