Friday, August 31, 2012

The Little {Mascara} That Could

Genetics has blessed me with long blond eyelashes, and rarely a day goes by that I'm not wearing mascara. I wear it to the gym, work, lazy days at home, the zoo, amusement park, and county fair.

I also wear mascara swimming.

In preparation for the triathlon, one of my To Do items was "Get waterproof mascara." I had two requirements for this wonder product: darken my lashes and do not cause raccoon eyes.

Google led me to an article from Goodhousekeeping.com with 10 different waterproof mascara options.
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/_mobile/product-reviews/beauty-products/mascara-reviews/best-waterproof-mascara

Their #1 pick was the $6 pink tube Maybelline New York Great Lash mascara. A quick trip to Target and I was set.

I can now attest to it's waterproof, sweatproof, and long lasting abilities. Applied at 5 am, it lasted through a swim, bike, run, shower, and hot tub.

It's now on my Must Pack list for my next race!

No comments:

Post a Comment