Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Just a few more days!

Not much to say right now. I'm as ready as I'll ever be?

My bike is tuned up, my wetsuit is ready, my clothes are picked out, shoes all set.... Now its just a matter of nerves.

As a coping mechanism, I'm ignoring the triathlon that upon me, and focusing what's next.

~ September I am doing a 3K Fun Run with one of my 7 year olds.
~ After that I start training for the 2013 Chicago Triathlon Sprint, which is twice the distance I'm doing this year.
~ Next June I'm already signed up for the Dirty Girl Mud Run.
~ Looking to sign up for the Warrior Dash and/or Pretty Muddy Women's Mud Run, depending on dates and locations.
~ And August 2013 is the Chicago Triathlon. My 7 year old (^ the same one) will be doing the Chicago Kids Triathlon too in 2013. I think if I'm going to continue triathlons, which I'd like to, I will probably look into a custom wetsuit. I've looked at a few places online, and they don't cost much more then a standard suit. The downside is that I haven't found a custom place that makes two piece suits like the DeSoto. OTOH, if its custom it should fit perfectly and not need the two piece flexibility.

See, all this thinking about next year is helping me forget that I still need to get through this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment