Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Running BANANA?

I was out for a run in the neighborhood next door, and I saw a young couple moving in. As I passed them I heard "Look honey! It's a running banana!"

O_O

My first urge was to stop, turn around, and say something like, "My music isn't that loud... I can hear you!" But I kept running.

My second urge was to make a certain rude gesture to let them know I heard, but I don't do that sort of thing, ever.

After a few more minutes of running, I realized being compared to a banana isn't the worst thing to be called.

They could have called me an apple. Or a pear. Or a bunch of sour grapes. Bananas are tall and slim, and to be fair, I was wearing a yellow shirt.

I wear a lot of yellow and neon colors for visibility and safety, and this seems to prove it works. They certainly saw me enough to comment on it. I'll stick with being a running banana then, because at least I know I'll be seen. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment