Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bummed...

I haven't posted much lately, and I'm sorry. It's been a rough couple weeks.

I pulled a muscle in my lower back June 28, and aggravated a nerve in that area June 29 on an obstacle at the Dirty Girl run. For nearly two weeks I had lower back pain, fluctuating from OUCH to "just aware of it." I finally succumbed and took a week off from training. I swam once but no running, biking, or heavy weight lifting.

Today I realized I could finally bend over without pain!! I ran/walked a little and still feel ok!

Now, the bummed part....

Thanks to plantar fasciitis for months in the spring, and now over two weeks with back pain, my running is about 50% slower than last year. :(

I pulled up an old post from last year... June 20, 2012 I was running 2 miles in 20-22 minutes. Today it took me over 30 with all the walking I had to do.

BUT! I have a plan! I'm adapting the run portion of my sister's Tri training plan to HOPEFULLY get me back to at least being able to run the course in 5 weeks. :D

I also have two, yes 2, 5k's next week. I'm not going to attempt a PR, but I think they'll give me a good idea if where I'm at right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment